Historic Arundel in Sussex is most famous for its 900 year old castle. You can learn more about the history of the castle and town at award winning, Arundel Museum. Discover how millions of years ago, Arundel was covered by a warm Cretaceous sea and meet the creatures that thrived in it.
Meet Homo heidelbergensis, who, 500,000 years ago lived in the area, and the neanderthals who hunted mammoths in Palaeolithic Arundel. Discover objects left behind by the Romans who lived locally. You can even enjoy a bespoke Museum walking tour of the town.
There is something for everyone at Arundel Museum
- Enjoy our Family Events Days
- Encourage your family to take the Museum Detective challenge
- Experience our Walking through History Tours
- Visit the Museum Shop
- Find out what to do and where to go at our Tourist Information Point
- Rest and relax with a refreshing cup of tea or coffee
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Assistance dogs welcome
7 days a week between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm including Bank Holidays